There must be a better day beyond the clouds. The Wizards are mad and angry, and should be, about the start of the season and now have to deal with the challenge of the Heat in Miami. We have the broadcast for you beginning at 5:45 PM on the Washington Wizards Radio Network including 1500 AM and 106.7 FM.
The defensive identity that carried the Wizards through rough times last year has not been on display yet this season.
For insight from the Wizards, we have two interviews from our Friday postgame show.
Marcin Gortat with Glenn Consor:
Garrett Temple with Glenn Consor
Dave and Glenn's keys to the game:
1) 48 minutes of great energy, no lulls
2) Limit paint points- 76 vs 76ers
3) Manage halfcourt sets
4) Dissect 1/2 D of Heat, swing ball for dribble drives and 3s
5) Attack constant double teams, see above
6) Front line rotations on D, with great perimeter D
The Wizards will need that strong perimeter defense because a big part of Miami's success is based on making three-point shots.